Wednesday, April 29, 2009

42 Day Challenge (Days 3&4)

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the gym :(. I was shooting some bridal portraits around the time my step class started so I couldn't go. I'm ashamed to say that there were several other aerobic classes earlier in the day that I could've gone to, but I was just plain LAZY! My husband and I did take our dogs for a long walk though, so that is something I guess. I was good on my diet. I didn't cheat. I had scrambled eggs for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch and grilled chicken and peas for dinner. Oh! And I ate LOTS of fruit throughout the day.

Here are some of the pics I took :)

Today was a lot better energy wise. I woke up, made some scrambled eggs with cheese, went to the studio from 12-5, went to the gym, came home and helped my little sister Megan register for wedding gifts online. It was a busy day and I ate sandwiches for both lunch and dinner. Today was the first day that I REALLY wanted some ice cream! I mean, I thought about ice cream ALL DAY!! (Thanks to my monthly visitor.) I considered using my cheat for some Cold Stone, but I decided that I'd rather wait for the weekend. I haven't had to go a weekend yet on this challenge and I am hoping it isn't too hard. I am shooting a wedding on Saturday and most of the time the bride and groom feed us. That will be difficult to say no to! Wedding food can be so YUMMY!! But it's rarely healthy!

So, on a completely unrelated topic...My husband is wanting to get a motorcycle. It is completely freaking me out!! I used to work for Farmers Insurance and I had to look at photos of motorcycle crashes all the time. It's made me a little paranoid I guess, but it scares me so bad! I don't feel like I can tell him "no," because I know that he would be safe. It's the other drivers on the road that I'm worried about. He's assured me that he'll take a motorcycle safety class and wear all the protective gear, but I'm still a little scared. Has anyone else ever worried about something like this before? I really don't think I would be near as scared as I am if it hadn't been for Farmers.

Anyway, I hope you all are having a wonderful week! I am impressed with everyone that has been doing the challenge for a week and a half now! You are all doing a great job! Keep it up! I wish that we weren't so far away from everyone. I need to start a North Carolina chapter!! :)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

how funny, i used my first cheat last night for ice cream. i have been thinking about it for some time, and so i went to coldstone!

April S. said...

Sounds like you are doing well on the challenge. It is harder to be motivated when we live so far from everyone else, but trust me, if I can be good, I KNOW you can be good too!

on the motorcycle thing, my husband has one and has had it for a few years...I used to worry alot about it, but he loves it and I must admit he looks SO HOT when he puts his riding gear on and heads out. I think it makes him feel young again. He is very safe when he drives it and doesn't showboat on it. Anyway, if he gets one, you just may enjoy riding it as much as he does(of course if he is anything like my hubby the only place I get to ride is on the back...lol...no driving it)

Elizabeth said...

I used a cheat for ice cream too! I was thinking about it for 3 days, and had to give in!!! I couldn't go another day. I worry about motorcycles too. They scare me. And mainly it's b/c of the other drivers. I couldn't imagine how much anxiety I would have if my fiance got one!

Misty Scott said...

What is the challenge Amber? I don't guess you've told me.. or maybe I missed that post.
I just posted another post on mine. I'm so pissed off right now.
Anyway.. sorry. The motorcycle, stresses me too... I'm nervous for you on those thoughts.

I sure miss you my wonderful friend. I can't wait to see you for a short time in June! You are AMAZING at your pictures. You are just going to be so awesome in your career.