Friday, April 24, 2009

New Beginnings

So as most of you know, my life has drastically changed in the last few months! Dustin and I, along with my sister Kristi and her husband all moved to Raleigh, North Carolina from Oklahoma City. So far we love Raleigh, but it can get pretty lonely. I don't know what we would have done if Kristi and Eric hadn't moved here too. To be honest, Dustin and I would have never moved here if they didn't move here too.



On top of THE BIG MOVE (as we like to call it) I have made a drastic career change. I graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a Broadcast/Journalism degree, but I've decided to go in a completely different direction. I am trying out a career in photography! It is pretty scary and a HUGE risk, but I will always regret it if I don't try. I have always had an interest in photography and I absolutely LOVE the thrill I get when I take a good picture. I love the fact that I am helping people capture the most important moments in their lives. I have a lot to learn, but I am learning from the best by interning with f8 Photo Studios here in Raleigh. I am so grateful for Dustin! God really has blessed me with the most amazing husband in the world! He has been nothing but supportive with my decision! It definitely hasn't been easy! In order for me to do this, I had to quit my job. It cut our income in half, but we are making it work. May is going to be super busy for me b/c there are a TON of weddings! I am so excited though! The more weddings I help out with, the more I will learn and be able to start making money.


ME PRACTICING :)


PRETTY LITTLE GRACIE



MEGAN AND NATHAN


JAIMEE AND MIKE



CRISTEN AND BROOKS



KRISTI AND ERIC


I am so grateful to God because none of these huge changes would have been possible without Him! A year ago, if I would have known that our income was going to be cut in half I would have freaked out! God really has provided for us in so many ways!

Of course, not everything is perfect. I have really been struggling with BABY FEVER! I can't even explain how badly I want to have a baby! It's really been hard because: 1. No matter how bad I want to, we can't have a baby on what we make right now. With me not bringing in any income it isn't smart. 2. I have SO MANY friends that are pregnant or trying to get pregnant right now! In a span of one week I found out that NINE of my friends were pregnant! Of course I am extremely happy and excited for them, but it is also hard to not be jealous! (This is one of the downfalls of having a Facebook account...lol) I've been trying to be patient, but patience has never been one of my strengths so it's been difficult. It is something that I am working on. So....needless to say, I need lots and lots of prayer! I know that we will be blessed with a baby when the time is right...I just want that time to be NOW! :)


I LOVE THIS MAN!! HE IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME!

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a great weekend! The weather has been really nice here so it should be a fun weekend for us!

4 comments:

Misty Scott said...

I just am so in love with your photography! How lucky am I to know PERSONALLY one of the best! And.... that you will be doing my wedding one day!!! =)
I love and miss you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are blogging now, it will be easier to keep up!! I just couldnt keep up with myspace so I cancelled it. But I can do blogs!

If you lived here I would for sure let you take pictures of Brylee, your work is beautiful! Love, tanna

Alissa said...

so, i've been married for almost 3 years now but i haven't even remotely had baby fever. i love babies and some day i'd like to have some of my own, but it seems so grown up...

AmberParnell said...

Oh I definitely have baby fever!! It is pretty ridiculous! I've always wanted a big family! I am almost 30 so it is about time we get started!! ;)