Tuesday, April 28, 2009

42 Day Challenge (Day #2)

Yesterday was rough! Not in the way that I was craving bad food, but because I had to quit my kickboxing class. I HATE quitting! It makes me feel like a failure. I had to quit though. I got way too hot and started to feel a woozy. I've been taking this class for about 2 weeks now, but yesterday was the frist time I ever had to stop early. I quit after about 30 min. because the room was hotter than it normally is. I arrived late so I had to be towards to very back and there are no fans back there. I've learned my lesson though, NEVER BE LATE AGAIN!! Always arrive early and get near a fan!! lol!

As far as eating goes, I've been doing great! I didn't crave anything bad yesterday. I made some really yummy HEALTHY chicken parmesan pasta! It is my husband's favorite thing to get at Italian restaurants so I wanted to learn a healthy way of making it. I made a lot too so now we have leftovers for lunch for the next few days. :)

Here is the recipe if you are interested:

Baked Chicken Parmesan

Want you'll need:

* 3 pounds chicken parts or bone-in breast halves
* 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup low fat Parmesan cheese
* 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper
* 1/4 cup melted butter (I used fat free I can't believe it's not butter)
* 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut in small pieces (Fat free can't believe it's
not butter)

Remove skin from the chicken. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, salt, oregano, thyme, and pepper. Dip chicken in melted butter then coat with crumb mixture. Arrange chicken in a single layer, not touching, in a shallow baking dish sprayed with PAM. Dot with butter. Bake at 350° for about 1 hour, until chicken is tender.

***I also cooked some whole wheat spaghetti and marinara sauce and made it chicken parmesan pasta. It was delicious! If you don't want to eat it with pasta it is still really good by itself and you could serve it with veggies.


I hope that everyone has a great day today!! Good luck with the challenge! I know that all of you are a week ahead of me, so you may be having a little bit harder of a time than me since I am only 2 days in as of yesterday.

Here are some silly& motivational diet quotes I found online:

"With your diet, don't dawdle -- if you don't want to waddle!"

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy."

"Bigger snacks means bigger slacks"

when folks say they don't want good food to go to waste, it makes me think "better to waste than to waist!" so go ahead, toss those leftovers!

"unless I want to look like a porky,
come on Amber, put down the forky"


"Eat to live......don't live to eat!"

"
Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels"

3 comments:

D said...

I love you so much... that chicken parmesan was the bee's knees!

Deanna said...

Thanks for the recipe! I will try making that this weekend! So, are you feeling better today? I have had pretty bad asthma the past week, so working out has been a serious issue for me....which really sucks, I have been eating well though. Good luck and keep staying busy girl!

-Deanna (a fellow beauty)

AmberParnell said...

I love you too Dustin ;) I'm glad you liked the chicken!

I'm feeling a lot better Deanna! Thanks for asking!! :) I didn't finish work in time to make to my kickboxing class today, but I did go to the gym and work out. I'm sorry to hear about your asthma, but I'm so glad you are doing so good on your diet! Keep up the good work!