Saturday, April 25, 2009

42 Day Challenge!! Whoop Whoop!

My friend Tanna has started this WONDERFUL 42 day challenge and although I am a week late, I am jumping in!! I have been struggling with my weight for a long time now and I am TIRED of it!! I am ready to get rid of this weight already!

I met Tanna about 4 years ago in Martial Arts. I got to my purple belt (about halway to black) but my school schedule got so hectic my senior year of college that I stopped going. HUGE regret of mine by the way! Martial Arts was wonderful! I loved it! Tanna was a huge inspiration to me and I think that is so great that she finished and got that black belt! It is definitely NOT an easy thing to do!



Up until about 5 years ago, I never worried about my weight. I ate what I wanted and rarely worked out but I never had a weight problem. I was skinny!! Around the time I got married and started taking birth control, I noticed that I started to gain quite a bit of weight...FAST!! The doctors tried putting me on about 4-5 different kinds of birth control, but my body just did not like it! It got to the point were we decided that birth control just wasn't for me. I have gained about 45 lbs. since I've been married!!! That is ridiculous!! Now, I can't blame it all on the birth control. I'll admit that I haven't been the healthiest eater...and I didn't work out as much as I should have. I'm just saying that I have noticed a HUGE difference in my metabolism since I was on birth control.

Anyway, my husband and I have tried so many different things to lose weight. Weight Watchers, Atkins, South Beach Diet, etc. But nothing has worked. We've joined gyms but after about a month we would always stop going. I'M DONE!! I am not going to do this half-way anymore! Dustin and I joined a gym and we are DETERMINED to go at least 4-5 times a week! I'm tired of complaining about being fat! I'm ready to finally do something!

Okay, here is my info:

*Name: Amber Parnell
*Where you are from: From OK, but live in NC now
*Desired pounds to be LOST (just in 42 days--keep it realistic): I would like to lose 10-12 lbs (that's about 2 lbs a week)

*A pair of shorts/pants you hope to fit comfortably in by June 1st (describe them)We all have that one pair that we are still hanging onto with hope that we will one day fit into them! I just want to be able to wear shorts again! I'm sick of rockin' the chubby cellulite thighs!!!
*Your weakness food: Chocolate!!!!!!!!!
*What you will be doing for exercise: I joined Gold's Gym about two weeks ago and I've been going to kickboxing, Zumba and step classes 4-5 times a week.
*Any other goal you may have for yourself: I really want to be able to take pictures of myself without cringing! I mean, I'm a PHOTOGRAPHER!!! I should be able to take pics of myself and love it right?? The only pictures that I will post on
facebook or Myspace have to be photoshopped or I won't post them! I used to love to take pictures! I was always the one with the camera! Now, I just take pictures of other people.

Okay...So here are some of my "skinny" pictures. These should give me motivation!


GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!! I WILL BE PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU!! :o)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were some good times! I miss them alot. Especially all the fun fighting pictures in our pink, we were something else!!

So glad you are doing the challenge...I am rooting for you.

You can find many of the other girls doing the challenge on the side of my blog. Their names have ** next to them...just in case you wanna keep up with people!

Love you, Tanna

D said...

Ya.... so Tanna tried to kill me once... sparring, she came at me like a spider monkey! Had me on my heels... seriously... :)

April S. said...

So, looks like we have lots in common....
~We both live far from everyone else doing this challenge (However, you actually KNOW Tanna and I just know her from the blog world)
~I, too, was always skinny growing up....never had to work out...even all the way through college. i got married and put on some major LBS!!
~I am rocking the chubby cellulite thighs and tired of it too.

Anyway, glad you are doing the challenge and I look forward to us BOTH looking like our skinny pictures soon! (I guess i need to post some)